A brain injury needs prompt diagnosis and treatment. But it’s not always easy to detect. That’s why it’s important to get any head injury checked, even if the injured party thinks they’re okay.
Fortunately, Mercy Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine can screen for concussions and other serious brain injuries with an innovative new device called BrainScope®. A BrainScope head injury assessment is:
- Fast: An assessment can be completed in as quickly as 10 minutes.
- Patient-friendly: It’s non-invasive.
- Accurate and comprehensive: BrainScope is the only device that objectively assesses the entire spectrum of brain injury – including concussions.
- Convenient: Reduces the wait times, expense and stress of a typical ER visit.
- Peace of mind: Get the answers you need, and treatment if you need it.
What to expect
Mercy’s medical staff will assess your employee’s injury and symptoms, then place a disposable BrainScope headset on their head. The device measures brain electrical activity and neurocognitive function. Using a handheld portable screen, the clinician will review the data to answer two key questions: Is it likely that there’s a structural brain injury that would be visible on a CT scan? Is there evidence of functional abnormality that would indicate a concussion?
Depending on those results, the individual may be referred for proper treatment or further tests.
Schedule an assessment today
BrainScope and Mercy Urgent Care are here to assess your employees’ injuries, getting them the help they need — fast. Available for patients 13-85 years of age, within 3 days of mild head injury, BrainScope assessments are offered at both Mercy Urgent Care West and Mercy Urgent Care Weaverville.