Is it a concussion? Find out fast.
A brain injury needs prompt diagnosis and treatment. But it’s not always easy to detect. That’s why it’s important to get any head injury checked, even if you think you’re okay.
Fortunately, we can screen for concussions and other serious brain injuries right here at Mercy Urgent Care, with an innovative new device called BrainScope®. A BrainScope head injury assessment is…
- Fast: An assessment can be completed in as quickly as 10 minutes.
- Patient-friendly: It’s non-invasive.
- Accurate and comprehensive: BrainScope is the only device that objectively assesses the entire spectrum of brain injury – including concussions.
- Convenient: Reduces the wait times, expense and stress of a typical ER visit.
- Peace of mind: Get the answers you need, and treatment if you need it.
What to expect
Mercy’s medical staff will assess your injury and symptoms, then place a disposable BrainScope headset on your head. The device measures your brain electrical activity and neurocognitive function. Using a handheld portable screen, the clinician will review your data to answer two key questions:
- Is it likely that there’s a structural brain injury that would be visible on a CT scan?
- Is there evidence of functional abnormality that would indicate a concussion?
Depending on those results, you may be referred for proper treatment or further tests.
Schedule an assessment today
Whether you’re an adult who’s been injured on the job or a teen that took a tumble off a skateboard, BrainScope and Mercy Urgent Care are here to assess your injury, getting you the help you need — fast.
Now available for patients 13-85 years of age, within 3 days of mild head injury, BrainScope assessments are offered at both Mercy Urgent Care West and Mercy Urgent Care Waynesville. Mercy Urgent Care West is the exclusive provider of BrainScope in Buncombe County.
Call or visit Mercy Urgent Care today and ask about a concussion assessment through BrainScope:
Mercy Urgent Care West
1201 Patton Ave., Asheville
Mercy Urgent Care Waynesville
120 Frazier St., Suite 6, Waynesville