Mercy Urgent Care is pleased to announce that it is now a member of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs contracted network of community providers. This means that eligible Veterans can receive care at Mercy Urgent Care locations without prior authorization from VA.
As part of the federal VA MISSION Act of 2018, which went into effect on June 6, 2019, VA introduced an urgent care benefit that provides eligible Veterans with more choice and greater access to timely, quality care for the treatment of non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries.
“We’re proud that Mercy Urgent Care will now be able to offer in-network care to veterans who have courageously and selflessly served our nation,” said Tim Johnston, Chief Executive Officer of Mercy Urgent Care.
According to VA, urgent care claims can be paid by VA if:
• The veteran is eligible for the benefit. More information about eligibility and the process for using VA benefits at in-network urgent care facilities like Mercy Urgent Care can be found at missionact.va.gov.
• The urgent care provider is part of VA’s contracted network of community providers. All Mercy Urgent Care locations are now part of this network.
• The services are not excluded under the benefit (excluded services include preventive services and dental services). The services must be considered urgent and not routine. Prescription refills, physicals and routine followup would need to be done at the local VA Center.
Unbelievable experience. My nurse and doctor were very friendly. I go to VA and appreciated the doctor (J. Lepkowski, NP) at end of appointment thanking me for my service. Made me smile. VA made good choice partnering with Mercy Urgent Care.”
The most recent data from the U.S. Census Bureau indicate that nearly 24,000 veterans reside in the four counties — Buncombe, Polk, Transylvania and Yancey — that are home to Mercy Urgent Care locations, with the majority of those, nearly 18,000, residing in Buncombe County.
To utilize the urgent care benefit at a Mercy Urgent Care location, eligible veterans should:
• Find and travel to an in-network urgent care provider like Mercy Urgent Care. (Full details for all locations are available at mercyurgentcare.org.)
• State they are using VA benefit at check-in. Urgent Care provider will confirm veteran eligibility.
More information about eligibility can be found at missionact.va.gov.
Download the VA Veteran Community Care – Urgent Care Fact Sheet