Urgent Care is just a phone call away.
Mercy Urgent Care’s telemedicine program provides virtual healthcare visits that offer many benefits to patients.
- Easy to schedule: You can schedule your appointment as early as seven days in advance or as late as two hours before your appointment time.
- Any device: Conduct your telemedicine visit using any device with an internet connection: mobile phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
- Saves you time: You choose the time that best fits your schedule. A virtual visit eliminates the drive and wait times associated with a trip to a clinic.
- Protects your privacy: Mercy Urgent Care utilizes Mend, a program similar to Skype or FaceTime, which complies with HIPAA guidelines to protect you and your family’s privacy.
How it works.
At this time, Mercy Urgent Care’s Telemedicine program is available only for Workers’ Compensation and Mercy Urgent Care employees.
- Workers Compensation
- Virtual visits for Workers’ Compensation require at least one prior visit in the clinic for the current issue.
- Mercy Urgent Care Employees
- For employees and their immediate family members.